CAREERS AT MACKAY TRAILERS
WHO ARE WE?
Mackay Multi-Link is proudly Australian owned, operated and made. We build our trailers for Australia’s rugged conditions, and we pride ourselves on our genuine customer focus and ability to produce the best custom trailer for our consumers. Dedicated and skilled, our team enjoy coming to work each day and are one of our greatest assets.
OUR PEOPLE AND CULTURE
All team members, whether they’re in our fabrication, store, administration, assembly, interstate branches or despatch teams, are highly valued, listened to, encouraged and challenged to do their best every day.
We are always on the lookout for team members who are driven, eager and willing to learn.
Are you interested in joining our team?
We’d love to hear from you. Check out the noticeboard below for current opportunities available or complete the form to send your details through.
Dunbier Marine is a well-established 50+ years family business, well known in the market with the Dunbier and Mackay boat trailer brands. All trailers are manufactured at head office in Braeside then delivered in Melbourne or shipped to our branches around Australia. We also supply trailer accessories which are distributed through Australia as well.
This Design Engineer role is for an immediate start, Mon-Fri. It’s a long-term opportunity with future career and skills development opportunities.
Successful applicants will display a hands-on, practical approach to their work and will have several years of experience in a similar manufacturing/fabrication environment. Fluency in AutoCAD and Solidworks is essential. You will be self-motivated, proactive and thrive on a challenge. Prominently you will be custom drawing boat trailers to suit specific types of boat hulls, other specialist work is also involved but this would be a good portion of your work day.
- Design of boat and other custom trailers using AutoCAD LT and Solidworks
- Transitioning existing 2D production drawings to 3D models
- Plan and release production orders to the welding areas
- Work with the established team to ensure accurate fabrication to drawings and to provide practical assistance as required.
- Improve design and manufacturing process
- Communicate with customers and suppliers where required
- Implement practical processes to improve quality
- Assisting Production management in the daily running of production.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Tertiary qualifications in production/manufacturing/industrial engineer/mechanical experience.
- Strong demonstrated experience drafting in both Solidworks (CSWP/CSWE will be highly regarded) and AutoCAD LT (Essential)
- Exposure to the Australian Design Rules (ADR)
- Experience in performing Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Experience with designing welded structures
- To be hands on with a practical approach and be able to work in a team environment.
- Be a team player and effective communicator at all times.
- Have the appropriate technical skills, attention to detail and follow through to achieve completion of tasks.
- Speak fluent English and have Australian residency.
- Have your own transport
- Secure, long-term role within a family-owned and operated Australian business
- Career progression
- Supportive team environment
- Immediate start and on-site parking
- Attractive remuneration package comparable with experience
Mackay Trailers is an equal opportunity employer – all ages and genders welcome to apply.
To apply, complete the application form below, or send your resume to email@example.com